“Someone once said, that manners make the man.” The reason why we are forbidden by good manners to do certain things is that doing of such things gives pain or causes inconvenience to others. Rules of behavior have been made in order that people may live together in harmony.
Good manners require that a person be helpful and kind at all times.
Boys, never let your mother carry the groceries in, mow the yard, take out the trash, shovel snow if you can do the work for her. Dry the dishes and put them away so she can finish up her work.
Girls, you can help clean the house, do the laundry, dishes, make the beds and help with meals. Do your work cheerfully; because your mother will not be happy if you are cross and disagreeably.
Do you have good manners at the table? Are you on time at meals or do you come late? When you come to the table, see that your hands, nails and face are clean, and your hair combed. Do not begin to eat until everyone is at the table and served. Never play with your sliver. Do not reach across the table or in front of a person, but ask the person nearest the food to pass it to you.
Always take bread with your fingers, never with your fork. Break your bread into small pieces, [...]
“I went to a friends house and proceeded to take the test. When I saw it was positive, I called him up and told him my car wouldn’t start because a part had fallen off of the car and I had no clue how to put it back on.
I went out and even put the hood up on my car for dramatic effect. When he showed up, he looked around and said that he didn’t see anything missing. I handed him the stick and told him that this is what I wanted to show him.
It took him a few minutes to get it through his head but when he saw me smiling he said, “Dirty Trick! Clever, but dirty.” and then swung me around the room.” M~~~
“I was going to make a huge roman numeral IV in blue chalk in our driveway when I thought I was pregnant.
I don’t know if he would have gotten the hint….He is the 3rd and our son would be the 4th!” R~~~~~
“When I was pregnant with L~~~, I bought one of those cute cheap baby bottles with a lamb and other decorations on it. I stuck my positive test inside and wrapped pink & blue ribbon around the neck of the bottle with a pacifier. I stuck it in the cabinet with the glasses. When he got home, I was laying on the couch pretending I didn’t feel well. I asked him to get me a glass of water. [...]
These are for you to share with someone special in your life and enjoy.
The following formulas are meant to be used in massage oils. Each combination is mixed with a carrier oil, such as almond, hazelnut, peach kernel, apricot kernel, grapeseed or peanut. The carrier oil then helps prevent the essential oils from evaporating.
Make sure you tell your husband / wife that you love them at least once a week, I haven’t ever went a day without hearing it from my husband.
· Give your mate an unexpected hug, a surprisingly romantic kiss, or a back rub for no other reason than love.
· Be spontaneous and surprising with unexpected notes, whisking your spouse away for an unexpected weekend alone, stargazing together, taking a walk in the rain with one another. A recent surprise from my husband was a day at the ocean just walking and talking about silly things we had done in our teenage years, it was a wonderful day and made me smile.
· Share memories by looking at old photographs and talking about memories you share together. And the memories you hope to create together.
· Give the gift of your time by performing trivial chores for your spouse, such as folding the clothes, running an errand, washing the car, cooking dinner, fetching groceries.
· Don’t forget anniversaries and birthdays.
· Hold hands and remember why you fell in love.